The Purple Pelican

The Purple Pelican
3D leaded and plated in nickel

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Christmas is coming --- for grandkids...

I have just completed this glass mosaic mirror for my little granddaughter (Shhhh! Don't tell - it's part of her Christmas gift). Her bedroom is decorated in a jungle theme - and she loves monkeys - maybe because she was born in the 'year of the monkey' -- or maybe just because they are so cute (like she is!)


I have just begun the piece for her brother -- who is not a fan of monkey -- much more interested in 'Star Wars' characters.  He has told me in the past that he would like a glass piece of Yoda -- so here it comes.
Step one just went into the fusing kiln this afternoon.
The very first step, of course, was to come up with a plan.  I will fuse the figure of Yoda and use traditional stained glass (copper foil method) to complete the piece.  Yoda will be fused first.  I start with a clear piece of fusible glass and layer the colored glass pieces on top.
Now Yoda heads into the kiln -- at a contour fusing temperature -- Next step will be to add details with fusible paint.... stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment