The Purple Pelican

The Purple Pelican
3D leaded and plated in nickel

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Unicorn - next step

This unicorn is stretching me to risky experimentation!!  Evil horse!
I started by painting on some white sparkly pixie dust (mixed the frit with Klyr Fire as medium), then added some black highlights - which don't show up very well in the pic...  This will be sandwiched between the 2 layers of glass.  Danger here is that the pixie dust is a resist and the individual particles will only bond to glass it is in direct contact with -- soooo I'm hoping I don't get a lot of big bubbles...



The second layer of glass goes on top -- secured a bit with hair spray.  Now I've added fine and powdered grit (glass) to add some color and shading (hopefully).  I will throw it into the kiln for a full fuse and keep my fingers crossed...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment