The Purple Pelican

The Purple Pelican
3D leaded and plated in nickel

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ahhh! Finally at work at the ArtBarn

Weather is a bit cool here in Phoenix.  We need to use a heater in our studio!!! Not as cold as Winnipeg though!  It is great to be back at work here at the Art Barn.  I have brought the pieces of the work I had started BEFORE Christmas!!! and have finally got the Unicorn piece underway.  It's been a bit of slow-go -- as I am creating the background as I go (rather than making a pattern ahead of time).  I have fused the unicorn and the maiden.  The background will be done with stained glass - and the foil method.. .I have just started wrapping the pieces with foil -- must go and pick up some more glass for the final border.... hopefully tomorrow.  Here's what it looks like so far....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment